A big part of Small Kitchen Chronicles is for and about the small kitchen cook, as well as cooking and living big in the small spaces we’ve got.
So, it’s always the perfect time to talk about great, small kitchen must-haves.
Though it’s a very personal thing, here is my Top 15 List of things this small kitchen cook can’t live without.
So, without further adieu…
Christina’s first five!
1. Good, quality ingredients, preferably organic, local and in-season. If you buy anything, this is what you should spend your hard-earned change on. A pauper can live (and cook) like a king on quality over quantity. Even if it’s in an aluminum pan, it’ll make all the difference.
2. A great set of measuring cups and spoons. I love me my All-Clad ones, and if I could afford their cookware, I’d get them in a New York minute.
3. A good pair of cooking shears or scissors. They’re not just handy for cutting paper. From pizza, to herbs, to bacon, you name it, this is an awesome go-to gadget I reach for every time.
4. Spices. Simply put, there’s a reason why they put the word “spice” in front of the word “life”. Enough said.
5. A spice rack or two (or three). For said spices, because it’ll do no one any good if you have nowhere to put them but on top of your head.
Stay tuned for Part Deux, of “Top 15 Things Every Small Kitchen Must Have”, where I’ll be continuing to reveal my remaining ten!
In the meantime, what are your small kitchen must-haves?